Social Media Official 12 Days of Giveaway Contest Rules
The JYSK Social Media 12 Days of Giveaway Contest(“the Contest”) is intended to be conducted in Canada and shall be construed and evaluated according to applicable Canadian Law. Contestants are invited to enter online at JYSKBEDBATHHOME social media platforms. These platforms are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. See contest details at www.jysk.ca/sm-contestwinners. No purchase is necessary. Void in whole or part where prohibited by law. Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules (the “Contest Rules”). Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations.
1. Sponsor: The Contest sponsor is JYSK Linen’n Furniture Inc. (“JYSK”), with its head office located at 1435 Broadway Street, Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada, V3C 6L6. The Contest is administered solely by the Sponsor. Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to, and only to the sponsor, JYSK Bed Bath Home.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must: (i) be a legal resident of Canada; (ii) be over the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides at the time of entry.
Employees of JYSK and its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate family members and household members of any of the above, are ineligible to enter. The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of this Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion; to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
To be eligible, your Registration must be received during the Contest Period. The Sponsor reserves the right to install any additional security system as it believes may be required to maintain the fairness of the Contest during the Contest Period. The sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Registrations. You will receive one (1) entry in the prize draw upon successfully registering for the Contest in accordance with these Rules.
3. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins December 2nd and ends December 24th, 2016. JYSK may end the contest at any time after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
4. HOW TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary. To participate in the Contest, you must: follow JYSKBEDBATHHOME on one (1) or more of the following social media platforms, Instagram. Once you have followed JYSKBEDBATHHOME on Instagram, then you will need to submit a an entry by tagging a friend in the comments.
5. CONTEST PRIZING: Canadian contestants
(a) One (1) PRIZE available to be won by one (1) entry. The Prize consists of a product chosen by JYSK employees and is visible on the JYSK Instagram account.
Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the contest period. Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. Winner is not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any. JYSK Gift Cards are redeemable at JYSK Canada store locations only.
Winners are responsible for all taxes, fees and costs associated with prize receipt and/or use. All prize details are at JYSK’s sole discretion. The prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. JYSK reserves the right to exclude any entry without notice and to reasonably alter or cancel the contest in the event of a technical failure, fraud or other circumstance beyond its reasonable control. The decision of the judges is final. No purchase is necessary to enter. Selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited skill testing question administered by JYSK and provide proof of identity, residency and eligibility.
JYSK will post the PRIZE winner on the platform that the winner follows and on www.jysk.ca/sm-contestwinners once the winner is successfully validated. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. The contest winner must agree to and sign a release as a condition to and prior to receiving the prize. Prize will be received within one month of when the winner is announced. The Sponsor shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
6. WINNER SELECTION: The Grand Prize Winners shall be selected by a random draw on the first Monday in the following month in, Port Coquitlam, BC at the Sponsor’s head office. To clarify if contest ends on a Tuesday the winner will drawn the following Monday.
The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsor. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call to comply with the Contest Rules; provide proof of identification; and sign and return the Confirmation and Release (described below).
The successful entrants will be notified via social media platform that he/she follows no later within 30 days of winners’ selection. Upon notification, the entrant must answer a skill-testing question and complete the Confirmation of Release form. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with these Contest Rules or if Sponsor determines that the selected entrant is ineligible as per these Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsor’s sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s response. If the Prize selected entrants cannot be contacted within three (3) attempts or ten (10) business days of the Draw Date (whichever occurs first), or there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then the Prize selected entrants will be disqualified and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
7. RELEASE: Each Winner will be required to execute a release (“Confirmation and Release”) that confirms Winner’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, and officers, as well as Prize suppliers, agents, advertising, and promotional agencies involved in this Contest (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsor of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof; (v) assignment to the Sponsor all of Winner’s right, title and interest, including copyright in and to the Work, throughout the world in perpetuity and acknowledgment that, as a result of this assignment, the Sponsor will have the exclusive and perpetual right to exploit the Work in any media now known or later developed in whatever ways the Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion and to authorize others to do so, including without limitation, the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, exploit, display, communicate to the public by telecommunication, transmit, broadcast and otherwise use and exploit the Work, in whole or in part and to edit, add to, or modify the Work in any way, all without further obligation or compensation of any kind to the Winner; (vi) waiver of all of Winner’s so-called “moral rights” that it may enjoy in any territory throughout the world in relation to the Work;. and (vii) acknowledgement that, upon request by the Sponsor, Winner shall sign (or cause to be signed) all further documents or do (or cause to be done) all further acts and provide all reasonable assurances as many reasonably be necessary or desirable to give effect to the assignment of Winner’s rights in the Work. The executed Confirmation and Release must be returned within 30 days of the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Confirmation and Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
9. CONDUCT: By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted and made available at www.jysk.ca/social-media-contest, filed under notes throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating these Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any online CTC property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including but not limited to criminal prosecution.
10. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: Please note that by entering this contest the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winner; (ii) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
11. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of British Columbia including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
12. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control. These rules were written in English (Cdn). To the extent any translated version conflicts with the English version, the English version controls.
13. FOR QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
By entering the Contest, the contestant acknowledges having read and understood these rules and agrees to be bound by them and to comply with them. The contestant declares that the rules are understandable and reasonably available for consultation.